Let's Kick it!
We need YOU for FCC’s first coed kickball team!
There will be 6 games played between June 21 and August 6 at 5:15pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Lampkin Park, 938 Morgantown Road.
• Roster – Maximum of 16 players. Games are 5 innings and played with 11 fielders.
• Teams may play shorthanded, but number of males can only exceed number of females by 1.
• Must be 15+ years of age to participate.
Come Out and Play!
Wednesday, June 16 at 6 pm at the Circus Square Splash Pad, all children and youth are welcome to come play!
Splish! Splash! At Circus square
Instead of four evenings, we will gather on Friday, July 16 from 5:30-8:15 pm and Saturday, July 17 from 9 am-6:30 pm.
To end the event, we will have a special showing of the Disney Pixar movie Inside Out, which is our theme for this year!
We plan to move VBS outside as much as possible in order to keep our children safe. All meals provided will be served with our little one’s safety in mind. These include dinner on Friday night, plus a snack, lunch and dinner on Saturday. We understand that Saturdays are a busy day so your children are free to come and go for other activities if needed. Please let us know ahead of time.
If you are available to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office.
Sign-ups for attendees and volunteers will be available soon!
Our middle and high school youth are invited to join in on a staycation, July 15-17!
This year’s summer stay-cay package includes:
- A two-night stay at the church with games, worship, check-in, movies, and snacks
- A pool party at the Morris’ Resort!
- An opportunity to serve others by connecting with local community partners The Hive/Top Crops, helping out with FCC’s VBS, build relationships, and discover some of your own gifts and passions.
- A movie night with the whole family!
To reserve your spot, all you have to do is to fill out/turn in the form linked here with $20 (to help offset the cost of food and to make a donation to our community partner), and turn in to Daniel by Wednesday, July 7.
A final itinerary will be sent a week prior.
Questions? Contact Daniel (email@example.com)
Youth Summer Stay-Cay
Summer Service Project
Last year FCC partnered with Bowling Green City Schools to assist with a massive effort to ensure kids were being fed amidst pandemic. While this summer won’t be quite as involved, Dalla Emerson, director of the City Schools food program, has asked FCC to help once again. There are two ways you can help:
- Volunteer to help with meal boxes on Thursdays at Bowling Green Junior High School. Volunteers are asked to serve from 9am-12pm and will be helping with meal boxes that provide families 7 days worth of meals.
Sign up here: https://forms.gle/RM2siRLVcRCBoAfe7
- Toy Drive — Since we decided God was calling us to a summer of fun, we also decided that we needed to share the love! In conversation with Dalla, we have identified an apartment complex with about 40 families with young children living below the poverty line. We will be collecting toys for these kids to get out and have a great summer outdoors. You can bring the following items to FCC and the ministers will deliver them on one of the food delivery days:
*Note: Feel free to purchase items that are fun for outdoors but not on this list. However, we have intentionally kept it in the lower price range so that everyone receives something similar and some don’t get expensive toys while others don’t.
Food Truck Sunday!
On Sunday, July 25, we’ll have one of our favorite local food trucks, A Taste of Europe, parked right out in FCC’s parking lot following worship. You’re invited to grab some food and out for a little bit! Bring a chair if you want to sit outside in the grass or we’ll have some indoor seating for those wanting to stay out of the heat.