Youth Mission Statement
The Youth Ministry of First Christian Church exists to empower youth by strengthening faith, advocacy, self-worth and relationships through interactive education and service.
As modeled to us by Christ’s life, these are the values of First Christian Church’s Youth Ministry:
- Authenticity: Being and accepting ourselves as we are.
- Compassion: Providing care based on your loving concern for others.
- Encouragement: Increasing one another’s self-confidence by recognizing their gifts while also motivating them to use those gifts.
- Non-Judgmental: Creating a safe environment while nurturing acceptance and respect.
- Openness/Inclusiveness: Having an open mind and including everyone regardless of who they are.
- Trust: Being a dependable person in creating a safe environment where communication is enabled without doubt of concern.
Let’s start at the very beginning!
A very good place to start!
Youth Sunday School class meets every Sunday at 9:45 am in the Youth Room.
Starting August 11, 2019 we will start at the beginning of the Bible and go through God’s great stories using videos, guest speakers, and other resources.
May 21: Youth Devotional via Zoom, 7 pm
May 24: Youth Group via Zoom, 4:30 pm
Every summer the FCC youth offers a mission experience for grades 6-12.
Due to COVID-19, our July 2020 mission trip to Chattanooga has been canceled. We will keep the page updated for future plans.
Youth’s lives are profoundly changed by attending church camp. We encourage youth to attend camp at Wakon’Da-Ho in Central Kentucky.
*Camp has been canceled due to COVID-19. An online option is in planning. We will post details as they are available.