Youth Mission Statement
The Youth Ministry of First Christian Church exists to empower youth by strengthening faith, advocacy, self-worth and relationships through interactive education and service.
As modeled to us by Christ’s life, these are the values of First Christian Church’s Youth Ministry:
- Authenticity: Being and accepting ourselves as we are.
- Compassion: Providing care based on your loving concern for others.
- Encouragement: Increasing one another’s self-confidence by recognizing their gifts while also motivating them to use those gifts.
- Non-Judgmental: Creating a safe environment while nurturing acceptance and respect.
- Openness/Inclusiveness: Having an open mind and including everyone regardless of who they are.
- Trust: Being a dependable person in creating a safe environment where communication is enabled without doubt of concern.
Let’s start at the very beginning!
A very good place to start!
Youth Sunday School class meets every Sunday at 9:45 am in the Youth Room.
Starting August 11, 2019 we will start at the beginning of the Bible and go through God’s great stories using videos, guest speakers, and other resources.
FCC’s Youth will be meeting online for the duration of social distancing.
Youth Group will continue over the summer every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month.
June 25: Youth Devotional via Zoom, 7 pm
June 28: Youth Group via Zoom, 4:30 pm
July 2: Youth Devotional via Zoom, 7 pm
Every summer the FCC youth offers a mission experience for grades 6-12.
Due to COVID-19, our July 2020 mission trip to Chattanooga has been canceled. We will keep the page updated for future plans.
Youth’s lives are profoundly changed by attending church camp. We encourage youth to attend camp at Wakon’Da-Ho in Central Kentucky.
*Camp has been canceled due to COVID-19. Wakon’Da-Ho has a virtual option:
WAKON’ DA-HOME!? 2020 VIRTUAL SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAMMING
In place of our traditional outdoor ministry experience at Camp Wakon’ Da-Ho this summer, throughout the month of July the camp staff will be presenting virtual programming for our children and youth.
Beginning July 6 a once weekly age specific keynote presentation will be accompanied by other online and interactive offerings that your age group’s Directors will email you about. We are offering these activities free of charge.
You can register for the virtual program at https://wmt.suran.com/tool?guid=4db6862ea04711ea8e9bec4b1e0a662c
All participants must register separately. The registration deadline is June 26.
The schedule and themes are as follows:
- Week 1 July 6-9 Theme “Perseverance” Luke 18:1-8
- Week 2 July 13-16 Theme “Compassion” Genesis 50:15-21
- Week 3 July 20-23 Theme “Faith” Matthew 14:22-33
- Week 4 July 27-30 Theme “Patience” Luke 2:25-38
You do not need to present for each session in order to participate. Each age group will have their own day as indicated below.
- CYF (youth who completed grades 9-12 in 2020) Mondays
- Chi Rho (youth who completed grades 6-8 in 2020) Tuesdays
- Upper Elementary (youth who completed grades 3-5 in 2020) Wednesdays
- Early Elementary (youth who completed grades K-2 in 2020) Thursdays
The Directors for your age group will contact you by email about all activities. If you have questions please call Dave Carr at (859) 338-6972, or email him at email@example.com.