Youth Mission Statement
The Youth Ministry of First Christian Church exists to empower youth by strengthening faith, advocacy, self-worth and relationships through interactive education and service.
As modeled to us by Christ’s life, these are the values of First Christian Church’s Youth Ministry:
- Authenticity: Being and accepting ourselves as we are.
- Compassion: Providing care based on your loving concern for others.
- Encouragement: Increasing one another’s self-confidence by recognizing their gifts while also motivating them to use those gifts.
- Non-Judgmental: Creating a safe environment while nurturing acceptance and respect.
- Openness/Inclusiveness: Having an open mind and including everyone regardless of who they are.
- Trust: Being a dependable person in creating a safe environment where communication is enabled without doubt of concern.
*Sunday school is not meeting right now due to Covid-19
(Please note that our new Youth Group time is 4 pm to keep some consistency throughout the month)
August 23: Back to School Prayer via Zoom- Middle School, 4 pm
August 23: Back to School Prayer via Zoom- High School, 5 pm
August 30: Youth Group via Zoom, 4 pm
September 6: Youth Group via Zoom, 4 pm
September 13: Movie Night at FCC, 6-8 pm, Registration needed
September 19: Drive-By Baby Shower for Kyle & Chris, 6 pm
September 20: Youth Merge via Zoom, 4 pm
September 27: Youth Small Groups, in person
Every summer the FCC youth offers a mission experience for grades 6-12.
Look for information about future trips in Spring 2021.
Youth’s lives are profoundly changed by attending church camp. We encourage youth to attend camp at Wakon’Da-Ho in Central Kentucky and sailing Camp at Kum-Ba-Ya in Western Kentucky. More information to come in Spring 2021.