Youth Mission Statement
The Youth Ministry of First Christian Church exists to empower youth by strengthening faith, advocacy, self-worth and relationships through interactive education and service.
As modeled to us by Christ’s life, these are the values of First Christian Church’s Youth Ministry:
- Authenticity: Being and accepting ourselves as we are.
- Compassion: Providing care based on your loving concern for others.
- Encouragement: Increasing one another’s self-confidence by recognizing their gifts while also motivating them to use those gifts.
- Non-Judgmental: Creating a safe environment while nurturing acceptance and respect.
- Openness/Inclusiveness: Having an open mind and including everyone regardless of who they are.
- Trust: Being a dependable person in creating a safe environment where communication is enabled without doubt of concern.
Contact Associate Minister Daniel Lyvers for more info on FCC’s Youth Ministry.
*Sunday school is not meeting right now due to Covid-19
Spring youth fellowship calendar:
#YEAH! = (Youth-Explore-At-Home!)
Feb 28 – 4 PM, Combined
March 7 – 4 PM, Chi Rho
March 14 – 4 PM, CYF
March 21 – #YEAH! (No whole group meeting)
March 28 – 4 PM, Combined
April 4 – Easter Sunday, #YEAH! (No whole group meeting)
April 11 – 4 PM, Chi Rho
April 18 – 4 PM, CYF
April 25 – #YEAH! (No whole group meeting)
May 2 – 4 PM. Combined
May 16 – 4 PM, Combined – End of Semester Celebration
Every summer the FCC youth offers a mission experience for grades 6-12.
Look for information about future trips in Spring 2021.
Youth’s lives are profoundly changed by attending church camp. We encourage youth to attend camp at Wakon’Da-Ho in Central Kentucky and sailing Camp at Kum-Ba-Ya in Western Kentucky. Dates for 2021 are listed below. All information for 2021, including registration forms, is right here.